Summer Flies Lace Knits:
A Dragonfly Study in Lace
Print and Ebook available for purchase now
I can’t quite tell you how excited I am to be releasing my first book today. It’s so fun that this book is finally done…I can’t wait to see what wonderfully creative projects you all make from this.
If you haven’t joined in the KAL over on Ravelry, please do. We’re going to have loads of fun. I haven’t quite decided which one I’m starting with, but think it will be Demoiselle.
Casting-Party is this Friday, 3rd July, at 6pm BST. Hope to see you there :)
What’s it like?
The book is 8 x 8 inches (approx. 20 cm square), about 50 pages long, and perfect bound. It will fit really neatly into a knitting project bag.
Here’s a sample of what some of the pages look like so you get an idea:
- There are lots of detailed photos of the knits from different angles.
- The book includes a short tutorial section along with a special stitches section.
- The special stitches section has descriptions and/or links to good tutorial videos for more unusual stitches used in the patterns, like short rows (in Anisoptera) and applied i-cord (in Demoiselle).
- The tutorials section covers how to do lace on both RS and WS rows to make sure your yarn overs come out even on both sides. There is a full explanation of this technique, as well as some pictures to guide you through it.
And, of course, it includes the designs that I’ve been previewing here over the past few weeks:
Demoiselle cowl (double or single loop) and mitts –
double loop shown
and the final pattern: this was a definite favourite at the photoshoot.
Don’t be a damsel in distress…always have the perfect top to go with your outfit, no matter what it is. Worked in the round from the bottom up, this top is a versatile transition piece – go sleeveless or use it as a vest as it gets cooler. It goes casual or dressy. This beautifully soft, hand-dyed DK yarn has a slight sheen and halo which creates a lovely finish to this statement piece, adorned with picots and simple, but effective, wrapped stitch edgings.
This top is designed to be worn with 0-2″ positive ease.
Shown in size 32″ with no ease.
What you’ll need…
To Fit Bust:
- 32 [36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60] in
- 81 [91, 102, 112, 122, 132, 142, 152] cm
Yarn and Yardage Requirements:
- Sylvan Tiger Yarns Pip DK – available for pre-order now
- 470 [520, 580, 630, 690, 740, 800, 850] yds
430 [480, 530, 580, 630, 680, 730, 780] m
- 3.75mm needles
Print book (including e-book): £12
E-book only: £10
Print Version with E-book:
Click here to order your print copy on MagCloud. The print book will ship directly to you, and the e-book will be delivered to your email automatically, so you can start knitting as soon as possible. If you’d like the e-book in your Ravelry library too – send me a message on Ravelry, along with your MagCloud receipt, and I’ll gift it to you.
E-book Version: Click the buy now button below to get your copy. It will be delivered to your Ravelry library as a full book, as well as with separate files for each pattern and the tutorials section, to make it easier to print just the pages you want or use on your electronic device.
Petitchoufleur Knits: Summer Flies Lace Knits
Summer Flies Lace Knits: A Dragonfly Study in Lace. Collection of four knitting patterns.
And now I’m going to go put my feet up in the sunshine and drink this…did you try the muddle yet? :)